Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Is an ‘Audio Description Service’ provided for partially sighted people?
Audio Description is only provided by broadcasters on certain programmes but, whenever it is available, Virgin Media customers can hear it.
To hear Audio Description on BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel4 and Five (the Public Service Broadcasters) you need to tune to the following channels:
If you have a V Box, V HD Box or V+ Box, to receive Audio Description on all other channels just follow these steps (cable customers only):
- Grab your V Box remote control and press Home.
- Select option 7 - Settings.
- Choose 4 - Change Display & Audio Settings.
- You can now switch Audio Description when available ON or OFF as required.
If you have a TiVo box, to receive Audio Description on all other channels just follow these steps (cable customers only):
- Press Info on your TiVo remote.
- Select the Audio Description icon . The Audio Description icon will be dimmed if audio description is not available.
If you're a National customer, check out the documentation that came with your freeview box.