Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
How do I configure POP access with Virgin Media Mail so I can use Outlook or other email software?
By default POP access is enabled on all accounts. However, if you find that you are unable to download messages to your e-mail client, or if you have disabled POP in the past and wish to re-enable it, you can easily make changes within Virgin Media Mail.
To check that POP access is enabled on your account:
1. Log in to your Virgin Media Mail account.
2. Click Settings at the top of any Virgin Media Mail page.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP and look down to the POP Download section.
4. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
5. Choose the action you'd like your Virgin Media Mail messages to take after they are accessed with POP. If you would like a copy of your messages to remain on the server when you download them using POP access, leave When messages are accessed with POP set to keep Virgin Media Mail's copy in the Inbox.
6. Configure your email client. For help on how to configure your email client to receive POP mail from Virgin Media Mail you can read How do I configure my POP email client to get Virgin Media Mail?
7. Click Save Changes.