Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
How to configure IMAP for Windows Mail
To set up your Windows Mail client to work with Virgin Media Mail, just follow these steps:
2. Open Windows Mail. The wizard pops up if it's your first time using it; otherwise, simply click Tools > Accounts.
3. On the next screen click on "Add"
4. On the Account type screen, select "E-mail Account" and click Next.
5. Enter your name, then click Next.
6. Enter your complete Virgin Media Mail address, including @ntlworld.com, @blueyonder.co.uk, @virgin.net or @virginmedia.com, and click Next.
7. Choose IMAP from the list of incoming email server types.
8. Enter imap.ntlworld.com, imap4.blueyonder.co.uk, imap4.virgin.net or imap.virginmedia.com, matching the last part of your email address, in the Incoming mail server field.
9. Enter smtp.ntlworld.com, smtp.blueyonder.co.uk, smtp.virgin.net or smtp.virginmedia.com, matching the last part of your email address, in the Outgoing email server name, check 'Outgoing server requires authentication' box; click Next.
10. Enter your full Virgin Media Mail address, including @ntlworld.com, @blueyonder.co.uk, @virgin.net or @virginmedia.com, in the E-mail username field.
11. Enter your Virgin Media Mail password in the password field, and click Next.
12. Click Finish on the next screen - downloading your folder list and emails is optional at this time.
13. Select Tools > Accounts, and then click on the imap.ntlworld.com, imap4.blueyonder.co.uk, imap4.virgin.net or imap.virginmedia.com account, and click on Properties.
14. Click on the Advanced tab, and enter 465 as the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port; enter 993 as the Incoming mail (IMAP) port, and check both boxes with "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)".
15. Click on OK to save your changes,and then click on Close.