Help for National customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Just joined or upgraded
Broadband and Internet :
How to change the wireless network name and password on National with a Thomson router
This article is recommended to advanced users only.
Important: changing your wireless network name (known as the SSID) and/or password will mean that you will need to reconnect your computers and devices to your wireless network using the new details.
Please note that the default wireless password for your router is the word virgin followed by your main account password. For example, if your main account password is dave321, your wireless security key would be virgindave321.
This information is also printed in your welcome letter.
Updating your wireless network name and password in the router
1. Open your Web browser and go to the following address:
2. As there is no default password required to access the router, its administration interface should load straight away.
3. Click the Wireless link in the Home Network section.
4. To change the wireless network name, change the text shown in the Network Name (SSID) field. To change the wireless network password, change the text shown in the WPA-PSK Encryption Key field.
5. Once you have finished making changes, click Apply and then close the window.
Note: by changing your wireless network name and/or password, your wireless connection to the router will now be dropped. To reconnect, you will need to scan again for available wireless networks and then connect to your wireless network. To do this, please follow the relevant guide below: