Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Why can’t I make outgoing calls?
If you can’t make outgoing calls:
- Check your phone isn't faulty.
- Check you haven't activated outgoing Call Barring.
- Check your phone hasn’t been temporarily reduced to incoming calls because of late payment.
- Maybe there’s a known outage in your area. Check out our Service status area where you can see if there are any known outages on the telephone network, or if there’s a problem with your own telephone line.
Checking the phone isn’t faulty
You can use the following methods to check the phone:
- Unplugging the phone from the socket and trying a different phone in the same socket. Also remember to check any extension sockets you have in the same way.
- Take the phone to a friend’s or relative’s house to see if it works.
Checking you haven’t activated outgoing Call Barring
If you’ve activated Call Barring you might need to override Call Barring, as described in How can I bar calls to other landline and mobile phones?
Is your phone compatible?
For more information about the type of phone you need for our calling features, see What kind of phone do I need?
Checking your bill
It may be possible that your phone has been temporarily reduced to incoming calls only because of late payment.
If your bill hasn’t been paid, you might be unable to add new services to your Virgin Media package, or experience restricted access to existing services.
If you’re signed in to My Virgin Media, you can get some more information about your suspended account and make a payment online to restore your services. To do this, select the My Bills option from the menu.
If your account has been suspended, you’ll see a message at the top of the page telling you why . For example, you might have insufficient funds to pay your bill.
You can use the "Make a payment" link to part pay or fully settle your account. It may take up to 24 hours, from the date we receive payment, for your services to be restored.
Still having problems?
If you’re having problems please contact us.