Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Why is my phone not ringing or receiving incoming calls?
Try the following:
- Make sure the ringer switch on the side of your phone is in the 'On' position. It may have been switched off accidentally.
- Check your phone isn't faulty by trying another one in the socket. Check any extension sockets you have in the same way. If possible, take the phone to a friend’s or relative’s house to see if it works.
- If you subscribe to Call Divert, check calls aren’t being diverted immediately. You can do this by calling your Virgin Phone number from a mobile phone. For information about Call Divert, click here.
- If you use Call Barring, make sure you haven’t barred incoming calls. You can do this by calling your Virgin Phone number from a mobile phone. For information about Call Barring, click here.
- Check the combined REN (Ringer Equivalence Number) value of phones plugged into the circuit (main socket & any extensions) doesn't exceed 4. If you’re unsure, plug in one phone at a time to see what the limit is.
- Maybe there’s a known outage in your area. Check out our Service status area where you can see if there are any known outages on the telephone network, or if there’s a problem with your own telephone line.
Check your phone is compatible. For more information about the type of phone you need for our calling features, see What kind of phone do I need?
If you’ve done this and are still experiencing the problem, there may be damage to the wiring or phone socket. Please contact us.