Try the following:
- Make sure the ringer switch on the side of your phone is in the 'On' position. It may have been switched off accidentally.
- Check your phone isn't faulty by trying another one in the socket. Check any extension sockets you have in the same way. If possible, take the phone to a friend’s or relative’s house to see if it works.
- If you subscribe to Call Divert, check calls aren’t being diverted immediately. You can do this by calling your Virgin Phone number from a mobile phone. For information about Call Divert, click here.
- If you use Call Barring, make sure you haven’t barred incoming calls. You can do this by calling your Virgin Phone number from a mobile phone. For information about Call Barring, click here.
- Check the combined REN (Ringer Equivalence Number) value of phones plugged into the circuit (main socket & any extensions) doesn't exceed 4. If you’re unsure, plug in one phone at a time to see what the limit is.
- Maybe there’s a known outage in your area. Check out our Service status area where you can see if there are any known outages on the telephone network, or if there’s a problem with your own telephone line.
If you’ve done this and are still experiencing the problem, there may be damage to the wiring or phone socket. Please contact us.