Below you’ll find more information on what Virgin Media supply and support for broadband.
Virgin Media equipment
Modems for connection via Ethernet:
- Virgin Media 255
- Virgin Media 300
- Scientific Atlanta Webstar/Cisco: EPC2100
For connection via Ethernet or Wireless:
- Virgin Media Hub
- Virgin Media SuperHub
Please note that the Virgin Media SuperHub is supplied for all current connections.
Support for hardware
- We’ll support your broadband connection via a cable modem, Virgin Media Hub or Virgin Media Superhub that we’ve provided.
- We’ll ensure that the Virgin Media network provides a high-speed broadband Internet connection in to your home.
Support for wireless
We’ll support your broadband connection when made via a wireless device using either a cable modem and wireless router, Virgin Media Hub or Virgin Media Super Hub that we’ve supplied.
Virgin Media supplied wireless routers for use with a cable modem:
- Netgear WGR614
- Netgear WNR2000
- D-Link DIR-615
Support for operating systems and browsers
We’ll support your broadband connection as long as your computers Operating System is one of the following and is an English language version and you are using one of the following Internet browsers.
- Windows 7
- Vista Home Basic and Premium
- XP Home / Pro
- Mac OS 10.1 and above
- Internet Explorer 7.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Support for email
We’ll support you getting access to your emails as long as you are using one of the following:
- Outlook Express version 6 +
- Windows Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Mozilla Mail
- Mail for Mac
Support for applications & services provided by Virgin Media
We’ll support you with resolving any problems that you may encounter when using any of the following applications and services that Virgin Media provide to you:
Virgin Media in-house applications:
- Virgin Media Webmail
- Virgin Media email account management and settings
- Virgin Media personal webspace (Connectivity only)
- Virgin Media Activation and Wireless setup CD
- Virgin Media security products
- Virgin Media Backup and Storage
Support for security
We’ll support all aspects of our security software; Virgin Media Security and Virgin Media Security Identity+ providing you are running the software on one of the Microsoft Windows operating systems stated above.
Support covers any problems with the following elements of the software:
- Anti Virus
- Anti Spyware
- Parental Controls
- Ad blocker / Pop up blocker
- Privacy Manager
- Identity theft Protection (Anti-Phishing)