The Super Hub has its own settings page which can be accessed via a Web browser.
Note: For the majority of users the factory default settings are adequate and there is no need to adjust any advanced settings.
How to access advanced settings
1. Take a look at the sticker on the back of the Super Hub and locate the web address under 'Super Hub Settings'
2. Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address – it should be http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Super Hub (the logo on the front will be glowing purple) you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
3. When prompted, enter the username and password shown on the sticker.
Once you’ve accessed the page there are three types of settings you can change:
Super Hub Settings – allows you to change the username and password for accessing this page.
Device Connection Status – allows you to view details on the Super Hub's current status, along with details about any devices that are connected to the Super Hub.
In addition, there’s a link for Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to learn more about your Super Hub and see what all the buttons and flashing lights mean, take a look at our step-by-step guide.For tips on how to get the best wireless signal, take a look at our step-by-step, interactive guide.
For detailed guides on specific advanced settings, please see the following articles:
- How do I check advanced connection status details for the Virgin Media Super Hub?
- How do I disable wireless on the Virgin Media Super Hub?
- How do I disable the broadcasting of the wireless network name (SSID) on the Virgin Media Super Hub?
- How do I enable port forwarding and port triggering on the Virgin Media Super Hub?
- How do I change the Virgin Media Super Hub's wireless channel/frequency?
- How do I change the Virgin Media Super Hub's administration interface password?
- How do I change the Virgin Media Super Hub's wireless network security key (Passphrase)?
- How do I set up Modem Mode on my Super Hub?
- How do I get my Super Hub out of Modem Mode?
For more help with your Super Hub, check our Super Hub area.