How do I change the Super Hub's wireless network passphrase (network security key)?
To protect the Super Hub from being accessed wirelessly by an unauthorised user, you may wish to change the wireless network passphrase.
Changing the wireless network passphrase
1. Connect your computer to the Super Hub using an Ethernet cable.
2. Access the settings page by entering the web address shown on the Super Hub sticker. For a guide on how to do this, please see Configuring advanced settings on the Virgin Media Super Hub.
3. Click Wireless Network Settings.
4. If it isn't chosen already, set the Security Mode drop-down menu to WPA Auto, and then enter your desired new passphrase into the Passphrase box.
5. Click Save Settings, and then close the administration interface. All computers and devices that were wirelessly connected to the Super Hub will now be disconnected, because they will still be configured with the old wireless network security key.
6. Restart your computers and devices and try to reconnect to the Super Hub, and you should be prompted for the new passphrase. If you have difficulty in reconnecting to the wireless network, follow our setup guides and remember to use your new passphrase:
Note: if you ever forget your new passphrase, you can set it back to the default by resetting the Super Hub (this will also reset all other changes you have made to the Super Hub's settings).
7. Once all computers and devices are reconnected to the wireless network, you can disconnect the Ethernet cable from the computer.
For more help, check our Super Hub area.