Before you follow the instructions in this article, please make sure you have read our overview of the Virgin Media Super Hub's Push 'N' Connect feature. Most customers will find that our standard setup procedure is the simplest method to get a wireless connection up and running.
How to use the Push 'N' Connect button to add a WPS client
The easiest way to connect via Push 'N' Connect is by using the Virgin Media button on the Super Hub. The button looks like this:
1. Press and hold the Virgin Media button on the Super Hub for two seconds, and then release the button (holding down the button for too long will disable the wireless signal altogether).
The Virgin Media light should blink red and blue for a period of up to two minutes while the Super Hub searches for nearby compatible WPS devices.
2. If you use the Push2Sync USB adapter, press and hold the Sync button on the adapter for five seconds. Otherwise, launch your WPS client software and choose the option to join a network. This should allow your computer and the Super Hub to establish a connection with each other.
3. Once a connection has been established, the Virgin Media light should stop blinking and turn solid blue.
That's it! The Virgin Media Super Hub and your WPS-compatible device are now connected wirelessly. To connect other WPS-compatible devices, simply repeat the above steps.
How to connect via Push 'N' Connect, using the Super Hub's administration interface
Instead of using the Virgin Media button on the Super Hub, you can set up the connection through the Super Hub's administration interface. This method may be preferable if physical access to the Super Hub is difficult or inconvenient. If you are able to access the Super Hub, however, we do recommend the steps above.
We suggest that you print out this page before you proceed with the steps below. Simply click the Print button at the top of the article, or use your browser's own Print option.
1. Use the settings printed on the back of the Super Hub to access the administration interface. For a guide on how to do this, please see this article.
2. Click Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen.
3. Click Add WPS Client on the left of the screen, and then click Next.
4. Select the Push Button (recommended) radio box and click on the green push button icon.
5. The Super Hub will now scan for available WPS clients for up to two minutes. During scanning you may notice that the Virgin Media light on the Super Hub starts to blink red and blue.
6. Launch your WPS client software and choose the option to join a network. This should allow your computer and the Super Hub to establish a connection with each other.
7. Once the process is complete, the Super Hub's administration interface should confirm that a connection was successfully established. The Virgin Media light on the Super Hub should now stop blinking and instead go solid blue.
8. You can now close the administration interface and the WPS client software.
The Super Hub and your computer are now connected wirelessly. To connect other WPS-enabled devices to your wireless network, repeat the steps above.
Click here for more help with your Super Hub.