Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Broadband and Internet :
What is the Virgin Media Hub?
The Virgin Media Hub simplifies the setup of your Internet connection.
Instead of using a separate cable modem and router – each of which requires its own power supply – the Hub combines the functions of both devices into a single unit.
This makes the setup process even easier, and there are even fewer cables to worry about. With a sleek new design, the Hub doesn't even require an external antenna, unlike a standard wireless router.
If a Virgin Media engineer needs to come to your home to install your services, he or she will set up the Hub for you. What could be easier?
Add to this the fact that we've made the activation process even more straightforward and you'll see why getting online with Virgin Media really is a piece of cake.
Benefits of the Hub
Here are some reasons why the Hub may be just right for you:
- Very easy to set up
- Fewer cables required than ever before
- Only one power socket required instead of two
- Wireless 'N' standard equipment
- NETGEAR Push 'N' Connect™ Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) option
- Four Ethernet ports for optional wired connections.
What's in the box
When you receive the Hub, you'll get the following items:
- The Hub (with stand fitted) – combined up to 20Mbps DOCSIS 2.0 wireless cable gateway
- A power supply
- A yellow Ethernet cable – for wired connections only
- A spanner – for tightening the coaxial cable to the Hub
An installation CD is not required in order to set up the Hub.
How do I get the Hub?
For more help with your Virgin Media Hub, check our Virgin Media Hub area.