Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
How do I change the PIN on my set top box?
When your service is installed your PIN will be set to a default of 1234. But it’s a good idea to change this to another number you’ll remember, as soon as you can.
To change your PIN on a V Box, V HD Box or V+ Box:
- Press Home on your remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Change your PIN.
- Enter your old PIN when asked, and then enter the new PIN twice. A screen will appear to confirm that your PIN has changed.
If you’re using a TiVo box, to change your PIN:
- Press Home on your TiVo remote.
- Select Help & Settings.
- Select Parental Controls and enter your current PIN.
- Select Change PIN.
- Enter your new PIN.
What can I do with Parental Controls
Parental Control lets you:
- Restrict the channels your children can watch – you can lock any channel you choose, which means that anyone who wants to watch it needs to enter a PIN first.
- Hide adult channels from the TV Guide – so they won’t appear in the TV listings as you flick through the channels.
On V boxes you can also:
- Choose the age restrictions you want for On Demand services – there are different levels of restriction based on age-ratings.
- Limit the use of interactive services – whether it’s games, gambling or more.
See 'Parental Controls on TiVo' for more information on what you can control on your TiVo box.