If you have your TiVo box connected to external AV equipment you can programme your TiVo remote to control the volume on your equipment.
Programming your remote using a code search
The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your AV device is by searching for the correct code.
- Make sure your AV device and your TiVo box are switched on.
- Press and hold down and volume down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice.
- Enter the code 1999 to access the AV device code database – the LED will flash green twice.
- Point the remote at your AV device and press channel up repeatedly until a code mutes the volume for the device – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
- When the volume turns off, press to turn the volume back on.
- Press and to check that the remote is working with your device. If it doesn’t work, continue to search using channel up until the next code turns off the volume, and repeat steps 5 and 6.
- When the Volume and Mute keys work, press to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.
If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.
If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.
Programming your remote using a device code
If you’ve got a TiVo remote with a black Virgin Media logo and you’ve been unable to programme your remote by searching for the correct code, you can also programme the correct code into your remote from the device code list. This doesn’t work if your remote has a white Virgin Media logo.
- Make sure your AV device and your TiVo box are switched on
- Find your make of TV and the 4 digit code(s) that match it here. If there‘s more than one code for your TV make, try the codes in the order listed.
- Press and hold down and press volume up at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
- Enter the four digit code for your AV device's make from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code.
- Press and to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your AV device from the list.
The remote can only store one device code at a time, This means that you can’t control an AV device and TV at the same time.
To clear your changes and reset your remote to its original settings:
- Press and hold down and on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
- Press three times, then press
- The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.