Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
How do I customise my TiVo remote to control my TV?
Set up your TiVo remote so it can control the Standby, Volume and Mute on your TV.
Programming your TV remote
1. Click here then look for your make of TV and the 4 digit code(s) that matches it. If there is more than one code for your TV make and model choose one code to try first.
2. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
3. Press and hold down and at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
4. Enter the four digit code for your TV’s make and model number from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you have entered a valid code.
5. Press and to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your TV from the list.
6. Once you’ve programmed your remote you’ll notice that the light on the top will flash green instead of red when using it for Standby, Volume and Mute control.
7. The remote can only store one code at a time, so you can’t have more than one TV set, unless the TV make and model uses the same code. This also means that you can’t have a TV and an AV device programmed at the same time.
Searching for a TV remote control code
1. Press and hold down and at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
2. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database – the LED will flash green twice.
3. Press channel up until a code turns off the TV – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
4. When the TV turns off, release channel up and press standby on the remote to turn the TV back on.
5. Press and to check that the remote is working with your TV. If they don’t, continue to search using channel up until the next code turns off the TV, and repeat steps 4 and 5.
6. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.
7. If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.
Want some extra help on programming your TiVo remote? Then click on below for our 'How to' video: Programming your TiVo remote to control your TV.