Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Changing the wireless channel on a Netgear router
Here's how you change the channel on a Netgear router.
1. Open your web browser, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press Enter. You’ll be prompted to log in.
2. If you haven’t changed these settings, the defaults are virgin and password. If you have changed these defaults, type in the username and password that you selected.
3. In the Smart Wizard, select Wireless Settings from the menu on the left.
4. In the Wireless Network section, change the Channel number, then click on Apply to save.
5. Close the browser window.