Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Getting started with the Virgin TV Anywhere iPad app
When you've got our TiVo service, if a channel is in your TV package and part of the Virgin TV Anywhere line up, you can watch it wherever there’s WiFi using the TV Anywhere app. You can also do just about everything from your iPad that you can do with your TiVo® remote control, such as:
- find and explore shows
- set recordings
- watch over 20 Live TV channels
- control live, recorded and on demand TV
- and much more
To use our TV Anywhere app with your iPad you’ll need to be running iOS 7 or above. If you’ve already downloaded the app you’ll need to make sure you're using the latest version as older versions of the app will not work for watching live TV. For more details see ‘Technical Requirements for TV Anywhere’
To get the TV Anywhere app:
- On your iPad, open the App Store app.
- Search for ‘Virgin TV Anywhere’ and download our free app to your iPad.
- When the download is complete tap the icon to launch the Virgin TV Anywhere app.
- Enter your primary My Virgin Media username and password into the app, once you’ve done this you’ll be kept signed in. If you haven’t already registered for My Virgin Media or have forgotten your details click here.
- The ‘Select a TiVo box’ screen shows all the TiVo boxes connected to your Virgin Media account. Choose one of these to use with the app.
Once you’ve finished, your app is good to go!
Want to use your iPad like an advanced remote control to control, manage and choose what to watch from Live TV and On Demand on your TiVo box?
By connecting your TiVo box to your iPad using your home network you can do this as well as everything you can do when you’re out and about. To find out how to connect your TiVo box to your home network, check Connecting your TiVo Box to your home network. And, don’t forget, if you already have the app make sure it’s up to date so you can get the most out of TV Anywhere.
If you want to use your iPad to watch Live TV you’ll need to register your device before you can do this. To find out more on this check TV Anywhere device management.
For more iPad specific TV Anywhere help, click on the articles below:
For more help with TV Anywhere, click our article: Introducing Virgin TV Anywhere
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.