Why can’t I access Virgin TV Anywhere?
- If you are experiencing problems watching shows after you log in, then make sure your PC or Mac meets the minimum spec. See Technical Requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere.
- If you are having trouble accessing Virgin TV Anywhere, you need to sign in using your My Virgin Media username and password. If you haven't registered for My Virgin Media or have forgotten your username or password, see How do I sign in to My Virgin Media?
- You need to have a Virgin TV package. If you don’t have Virgin TV find out more about our TV services here.
- The device on which you want to watch Virgin TV Anywhere needs to be registered, you can register up to two devices at a time. To find out more about device registration & management, see our article: Device management for Virgin TV Anywhere.
Why can’t I see some images on TV Anywhere?
Some ad blocker programmes installed on your computer can prevent you from seeing images on TV Anywhere. You may need to amend the filters on your ad blocking software and add anywhere.virginmedia.com.
Why does the video keep stopping?
Watching Virgin TV Anywhere over our Virgin Broadband connection should be smooth and trouble free, but sometimes you might notice the video stops now and then.
If this does happen, the video will carry on automatically when it’s ready, so don’t worry.
Why does the video playback judder?
On some computers, if you're running lots of different applications at the same time, it can make the video start to judder.
This is because TV Anywhere is sharing your computer's resources and competing against all those other applications while it’s trying to play videos. Try closing some other applications and see if that helps. This can also happen if there is Wi-Fi interference or a poor connection, or if your anti-virus software is scanning at the time.
When I watch something in full screen, the video isn't as clear as it is when it's smaller?
Virgin TV Anywhere uses technology that gets you the highest quality video that you can watch on your computer. Depending on your software, hardware and broadband connection, Virgin TV Anywhere will automatically adjust itself to the right quality, so you should see it change a few seconds after you move to the full screen view.
I can't identify which TiVo box to copy settings from.
If you are wanting to copy settings from one TiVo box to another, but need help to identify which box to copy from, check I can't find the TiVo box I want to copy settings to or from.
- On web browser menu click Tools icon and select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window select the Security tab.
- On the Security tab click on the Custom level button.
- When the Security Settings - Internet Zone dialog window opens, look for the "Scripting" section.
- In the Active Scripting item select Enable.
- When the Warning! window pops out asking Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone? select Yes.
- In the Internet Options window click on the OK button to close it.
- Click on the Refresh button of the web browser to refresh the page.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise if a warning message appears.
- Click on the Reload current page button of the web browser to refresh the page.
- On the web browser menu click on the Edit and select Preferences.
- In the Preferences window select the Security tab.
- Click on the Reload the current page button of the web browser to refresh the page.
- On the web browser menu click on the Customize and control Google Chrome and select Settings.
- In the Settings section click on the Show advanced settings...
- Under the the Privacy click on the Content settings....
- Click on the OK button to close it.
- Close the Settings tab.
- Click on the Reload this page button of the web browser to refresh the page.