Help for Cable customers
- Help home
- Broadband and Internet
- Virgin Mobile
- Billing and Payments
- Thinking of joining us
- Just joined or upgraded
Virgin TV Anywhere Troubleshooting for your computer
Why can’t I access Virgin TV Anywhere?
- Some users may not be able to log in or are seeing "Network Error" or "Communication Error" messages, especially at peak viewing times. We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it as quickly as possible. If you experience this we recommend waiting a few minutes, then trying to log in again.
- If you are having trouble accessing Virgin TV Anywhere, you need to sign in using your My Virgin Media account name and password. If you haven't registered for My Virgin Media or have forgotten your username or password, see How do I sign in to My Virgin Media?
- You need to have a Virgin TV package. If you don’t have Virgin TV find out more about our TV services here.
- The device on which you want to watch Virgin TV Anywhere needs to be registered, you can register up to two devices at a time. To find out more about device registration & management, see our article: Device management for Virgin TV Anywhere.
- If you are experiencing problems watching shows after you log in, then make sure your PC or Mac meets the minimum spec: Getting started with Virgin TV Anywhere on your computer.
Why am I being asked to re-register my computer or Apple device?
We’ve now launched the TV Anywhere app on the Android platform and needed to make some changes to our device registration service. To continue to stream TV shows on your Computer, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you will need to re-register these devices. We have allowed some extra device changes to help you to do this easily.
If you see your old Apple device registration in the list it is no longer valid so to continue using two devices to watch TV, we recommend you delete your old registration. The device you need to keep will have "CURRENT DEVICE" next to it in the list. This doesn’t affect TV Anywhere on Android devices.
Why does the video keep stopping?
Watching Virgin TV Anywhere over our Virgin Broadband connection should be smooth and trouble free, but sometimes you might notice the video stops now and then.
If this does happen, the video will carry on automatically when it’s ready, so don’t worry.
Why does the video playback judder?
On some computers, if you're running lots of different applications at the same time, it can make the video start to judder.
This is because TV Anywhere is sharing your computer's resources and competing against all those other applications while it’s trying to play videos. Try closing some other applications and see if that helps. This can also happen if your anti virus software is scanning at the time.
Can I download videos from Virgin TV Anywhere?
Sorry, Virgin TV Anywhere is only for streaming shows, so you won’t be able to download them.
When I watch something in full screen, the video isn't as clear as it is when it's smaller?
Virgin TV Anywhere uses technology that gets you the highest quality video that you can watch on your computer. Depending on your software, hardware and broadband connection. Virgin TV Anywhere will automatically adjust itself to the right quality, so you should see it change a few seconds after you move to the full screen view.
I can't identify which TiVo box to copy settings from.
If you are wanting to copy settings from one TiVo box to another, but need help to identify which box to copy from, check I can't find the TiVo box I want to copy settings to or from.
If you are having problems using the Virgin TV Anywhere app, please see: Troubleshooting Virgin TV Anywhere.
For more help with TV Anywhere, see our main article: Introducing Virgin TV Anywhere.